Uninsured Driver Defense Attorney Maryland
In Maryland there are certain minimum automobile insurance requirements that all car owners must adhere to. These requirements are for your own good as they ultimately protect you, loved ones and other drivers in case of an accident. Often times however car insurance can be costly and unaffordable. Regardless, it is against the law to operate a motor vehicle in Maryland without insurance.
If you have been charged with driving without insurance, or failure to show proof of insurance you should consult with our Rockville uninsured driving defense lawyers. You can email email Mr. Taylor by clicking here.
Driving Without Insurance Penalties
Since driving without insurance is a illegal in Maryland there are various penalties associated with being convicted depending on how you were caught. The following penalties, fines and fees may be imposed by the MVA on an uninsured motorist in Maryland:
- Lose of license plates and vehicle registration privileges.
- Pay uninsured motorist penalty fees for each lapse of insurance – $150 for the first 30 days, $7 for each date thereafter.
- Pay a restoration fee of up to $25 for a vehicle’s registration.
- Be prohibited from registering any future vehicles until all insurance violations are cleared.
- Have license plates confiscated by an authorized tag recovery agent, once registration suspension is in effect.
- Pay a fine of up to $1,000 and/or 1 year imprisonment if operating a vehicle without insurance coverage.
Also it is listed as a 5 point violation to be cited as driving without insurance, a violation of MD transportation code Title 17.
Contact A Rockville Driving Without Insurance Defense Attorney
Being charged with driving without insurance can cause you a substantial amount of aggravation on many levels such as financial, legal and professional. If your license is suspended your ability to remain employed may be impacted. It may make sense to call a skilled Frederick, Maryland Traffic Ticket Lawyer to help protect your rights. Please contact our team of Greenbelt Maryland traffic ticket lawyers via email here.
Our Rockville Maryland traffic ticket lawyers handle traffic offenses, moving violations and all motor vehicle offense matters throughout Maryland including Bel Air, Edgewood, Havre De Grace, North East, Rising Sun, I-95, Route 50, Bethesda, Silver Spring, Rockville, Wheaton, Upper Marlboro, Greenbelt, Germantown, Gaithersburg, Frederick, Olney, I-70 and I-270.